Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Pantry

Boy, it's been a journey but I think we are just about finished with this chicken coop. We just have to add a little bit of trim under the roof, shingle the egg box, attach the run and touch up the paint. But the girls are in and out of my basement!!! Hooray! They even survived the 50 degree night and 100 degree day. How's that a change in temp for ya?  

 The boys were such good helpers and have been fetching tools and painting their little hearts out. Jake said, "Painting outside is my favorite thing to do, mom."

 Gotta represent. 84 Lumber is a local place that we got some of our supplies from. They even gave all of the kids aprons and pencils. David decided to borrow the apron.

 We made glass inserts that slide into the windows when it's stormy or cold outside.
 The transfer! The boys were so excited to put the girls (and one boy) into their new home! I think the chickies liked it too.


 Aren't they funny? I get such a kick out of them.



 I still need to paint a sign that says "The Pantry" to hang on the coop. We figured that since our chickens are named Ginger, Sugar, Honey, and Pepper that we needed to name the coop accordingly.

6 comments:

Nancy T said...

Wow! It turned out so cute! Those chicks are such gawky teenagers--so funny and cute. You guys did a great job.

Nancy T said...

Wow! It turned out so cute! Those chicks are such gawky teenagers--so funny and cute. You guys did a great job.

Nancy T said...

I think your sign should say: "poultry pantry"

Renae said...

I love chicks! These are especially handsome, or are they beautiful, since they're mostly girls...

Keep us up on their progress and yours.
Renae

Kay said...

Hah. For the love! That's just awesome Amy. I want one!

Natalie said...

That is AWESOME! Ray want to get chickens too!