Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween



Here is our Kitty. My Camera battery died so I have been using my old one and it doesn't take motion shots very well. Since Emmy is in constant motion, none of her photos were in focus so I included several so you can get the idea, Mom. She was adorable as always Ü David just carried her around all night and she loved it. She carried the "mom and dad" bucket so even David and I got candy.
My two crazies! Caleb made everyone laugh with his chicken impersonation. He was so funny waddling down the street. Some of the bags that we stuffed his costume with kept getting stuffed between his legs and that made him waddle even more. He kept running to catch up with Jake and I about died laughing. His joke this year was:
Why did the chicken cross the road? To show the opossum how it's done.
Jake surprised us all by coming up with his own joke on the spur of the moment. His was:
Why did Batman cross the road? To show Robin how to jump.
He was very pleased with himself for making up his own joke and didn't even flinch or act shy when he said it. Sometimes he is so confident that it startles me. He acts so shy a lot of the time but I know it is just his decision to and not something he does because he is afraid. What a kid! Everyone asked him what he was and he replied, "BatDashNinja" Thus prompted my response of, "Batman, Dash from Incredibles, and a Ninja". That seemed to settle it. I think my favorite part about his costume was his snow boots. We told him to get his shoes on and he came out wearing his boots instead. They both got hoards of candy and Jake convinced me to carry his bag for him in trade for five pieces of candy of my choice. I don't blame him. It was pretty heavy. He wanted to run around like Dash the whole night.
Pumpkin carving was my favorite part, like every year I guess. I am not huge on Halloween, but if I could be a professional pumpkin carver, I would. Our wonderful friends grew the boys some pumpkins in their pumpkin patch and scarred their names on the side as they were growing. It was so cool! They even made one for "Batman" which I thought was so thoughtful and Jake was thrilled. Caleb carved his whole pumpkin himself this year and he did a fabulous job.



Caleb had a costume parade at school and all the parents were able to go and watch. It was fun to see all the kids laugh as he strutted around. He totally got into his role. I think he is such a class clown at heart. What a silly kid!

Jacob loved his cupcake from the cupcake walk at the ward Trunk or Treat. It was well attended as ever, especially since they had to postpone the World Series game because of rain. Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Nancy T said...

The chicken costume turned out amazing! Caleb must have been so cute in it. All three of your kids look adorable! I love how your pumpkins turned out and that you had a batman one, too!!

Finding Joy In the Journey said...

Wonderful job! You are one creative mommy.

Marc and Liz Anson said...

Oh my goodness! I love the chicken costume! Did you make it? We have a Dash costume too and Benjamin almost went out as him (they could have been twinners-almost) but he ultimatly decided to be Thing 2. Next year he might be Dash, we'll see. And Emmy's was cute and cuddly in the kitty costume. Oh and awesome pumpkins!

Growing-up-walker said...

I am back Baby! lol Love the costumes! Your kids are so cute! I am with you. Not huge on Halloween but I Love Pumpkin Carving! It is my favorite part as well. Plus the cute kids dressed up. :)

ansons said...

I smile every time I think of Caleb's costume. That is great. Jake and Emmy were super cute, too. They can come trick or treat at our house anytime.