We blessed Emeline Rose Anson on July 24th. It was a really hot day so we didn't get any photos outside but oh well. (I will add the pics we got of the whole family in a few days) We missed a lot of our family and were sad they couldn't be here but we were so lucky to have the company of David's parents and his sister Nicole, and lots of good friends who feel like family. My mom made Emmy a beautiful blessing dress and her Aunt Michelle sent a cute little bracelet. She looked so pretty and didn't cry during the blessing. She did however, almost squirm out of her grandpa's hand because she was so wiggly.
David gave her a perfect blessing and a lovely friend took notes without me even asking her to! My favorite parts were:
That she will always desire to do what's right
Know her heritage as a divine daughter of God
Blessed with strength to follow and learn to love the Lord
Her standards will never fail her
Be a calming influence to her family and all who come in contact with her
Remember who she is named for and her pioneer heritage
Become a choice mother in Zion
She has so many people that love her already and we are so grateful for her. I am so blessed to have the priesthood in my life and a righteous husband who was able to bless her. What a wonderful way to celebrate Pioneer Day!
6 comments:
Oh! Oh oH oh!!! She's soooo pretty! And Dave, looking very Dapper! I wish we could've been there!!
No really, OOOOOOHHHHHHHH! PS, I failed to mention how pretty Amy looked, I guess I just thought it was a given.
She is a cutie! Congrats, and I hope you get some sleep soon!
I love that dress!!! She is so pretty! Congrats you guys!
Beautiful blessing and beautiful dress! Love and miss you guys. Give Emmy and the boys big squeezes from us.
so sad to have missed this but glad it went so well. She is beautiful and I'm happy you got a little girl. HEather
Post a Comment