For Caleb's fifth birthday we decided to do a pirate theme. We had a lot of fun and kind of went a little "overboard". Hah!
We started the party off by following a treasure map all over the yard and then had the kids dig up buried treasure. We had them walk the plank, swab the deck, and rope swing over a snake pit. Then they all helped dig out the treasure chest. (We dug a giant pit in our backyard and filled it with sand so they could dig easier.) Caleb was excited about the 800 pennies and ring pops in the treasure chest.

Then we played pin the patch on the pirate.
After that, we tried to sink a pirate ship with water balloon "cannon balls". Supposedly it was coming to steal our treasure but I think they handled it ok.
Next was a treasure map cake, that didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to, but Caleb didn't care because "it was chocolate and covered in candy". I know where his priorities are. After presents, the party was over and the pirates jumped ship. I think it was a success and Caleb had a lot of fun!
Here are some pictures of Caleb on his actual birthday. We has his party a little early so more friends could come. Thanks to the grandparents and cousins that sent packages! He was so excited to get them!
10 comments:
that looks like so much fun! wish we could have been there! tell Caleb we miss and love him!
Happy Birthday Caleb! You sweet boy.
{you have a FIVE year old?!?}
He's already 5??? Oh my gosh! He is growing up way to fast! What a cutie!
Happy Birthday ya kid!! He looks so grown up and happy. what a cutie. If you guys move back here, i'm hiring you to do the birthday parties. You're so creative.
Happy Birthday Caleb! I always forget that Grant and Caleb share the same birthday. What a fun party. You are so creative Amy. I love how it turned out. And...the cake looked great!
Man, I want a pirate party too! You are my hero.
(Sorry about the funny name thing, I'm still the same Moleyhead :)
Happy Birthday Caleb!!!
Happy Fifth, Caleb - I mean, Matey!
What a great party. I sure enjoyed getting Caleb's version over the phone. We can't wait to see you!
Happy Birthday to both the birthday boys! iknow it's a bit late me responding to this, but you know how it is moving with kids! ok, well happy birthday caleb! he' looks like a happy 5 year old! the party looks like a ton of fun... i might borrow your idea for jacob's birthday in october.
Post a Comment