Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Angel Moroni

We had the neatest experience this week! The Angel Moroni on top of the Temple, here in St. Louis, needed to be replaced, due to fading. They asked David to be the guy to go up in the crane basket and help Bruce, the man who makes and installs the Angels. I was not thrilled about this at first, they go REALLY high up, but I was excited for him. He had a blast!! It took about 6 hours to accomplish every thing they needed to and it was so worth the wait. The new angel is gorgeous and looks spectacular on top of the spire. I love the temple with all my heart and am so grateful that David actually gets to work there! We are so blessed!

It was so interesting to watch the process and the skill of the crane operators. We were able to look at the Angel close up and see the beautiful craftsmanship and work that goes into each sculpture. It was incredible and I am so glad my kids were able to watch and have this special experience.

 photo temple2.jpg

 photo temple1-2.jpg

 photo P1013528.jpg

 photo DSC_0579.jpg

 photo P1013521.jpg

 photo DSC_0576.jpg

 photo DSC_0562.jpg

 photo P1013496.jpg

 photo DSC_0559.jpg

 photo DSC_0543.jpg

 photo DSC_0533.jpg

 photo DSC_0533.jpg

 photo DSC_0522.jpg

 photo DSC_0536.jpg

 photo DSC_0558.jpg

2 comments:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

What a neat experience to be part of (and watch)!

Kay said...

That is really cool!