Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Jacob's #6

 photo jakecollage2.jpg

I am a bit behind documenting but certainly have not forgotten about my Jakey's 6th birthday. As you can see, it was an exciting day full of wonderful presents and fun! Jacob likes to change his mind, a lot, on the things he picks for his birthday but we finally settled on seeing the new Planes movie as a family, for his party. All the kids loved it and we had a good time.

 photo jakecollage.jpg

Opening packages from the grandparents was the highlight of the day! He was really happy with everything and has been so entertained these last few weeks with all his new toys.

Now onto the sad and very pitiful birthday cupcakes. Yes, I know they look like a bunch of smoking Santa Clauses but that was not my intention I assure you.  I crumbled under the pressure of making a Ninjago cake this year and couldn't quite get my head wrapped around it. What you see before you is the mini ninja version with six birthday candles. They tasted pretty good though and the kid was satisfied. My work here is done.

 photo P1010852.jpg

Our gift to Jake this year was Karate lessons and he has been LOVING them! I really think he is excelling and has really embraced some of the ideas that martial arts has to offer. We love his teachers and the "dojo" (is that what you call it?) is really family oriented. He is a Tiny Tiger and has already earned a stripe for his belt.
   photo P1011205r.jpg  photo P1011225r.jpg  photo P1011251r.jpg  photo P1011263r.jpg  photo P1011266r.jpg  photo P1011286r.jpg

A few fun facts about Jacob:

He likes to eat the heel of the bread.
He will only eat jelly sandwiches and not PB&J.
He loves eating sub sandwiches and pizza at school.
He loves ninjas, Ninja turtles, Ninjago and My Little Pony. (One of these things is not like the other...)
He likes Cheetas and Falcons because they are the "fastest".
He is happy.
He likes his cereal dry, without any milk but then he likes his milk in a cup.
He loves playing with friends and cousins.
He has a chicken named Honey (she is a Japanese breed) and says he can speak Japanese chicken.
He has lost one tooth.
He is very good at choosing the right.
He loves his family.
He is a kid.

 photo P1011172r-1.jpg

4 comments:

Nancy T said...

Such a great post! I loved all the pictures of Jakey's happy face! He is rockin' the karate outfit and I love his Ninja jump! You are a wonderful mom to make him Ninja cupcakes! I can see he was very pleased and that's all that matters!

Donna and Bevan said...

Smoking Santas! Hahaha! I see it! I can't believe Jake is 6. Hope he's having fun at Rex Kwon Do!

Michelle said...

Um. Yeah. I like him. Is that a lariat? That's cool. And I think your cup cakes are awesome possum. I've given up making birthday cakes. If I did hashtags all the birthday ones would be like #momfailure #badfancycakemaker #givemebtcake The one I bought for Natalie's birthday was bitter tasting. I think they used shortening in the icing and no butter anywhere.

Kay said...

Karate lessons is such a great idea. You're kids are so cute.